Subj: WRIGHTSLAW: SPECIAL EDUCATION LAW & COMPANION CD-ROM
Date: 5/3/00 7:29:24 AM Pacific Daylight Time
From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Wrightslaw)
WRIGHTSLAW: SPECIAL EDUCATION LAW & COMPANION CD-ROM
You had suggestions and ideas. We listened.
Some people who purchased Wrightslaw: Special Education Law said, “I need to find information fast -- I wish you had a digital version of the book.”
Other people said, “I wish Wrightslaw: Special Education Law included the valuable commentary about the IDEA regulations from the Federal Register.”
Many people said, “My state is out of compliance with the IDEA. I need a searchable version of the IDEA Compliance Report, “Back to School on Civil Rights,” so I can educate the decision makers in my state.”
* DELUXE EDITION OF WRIGHTSLAW: SPECIAL EDUCATION LAW *
Within the next couple of weeks, Harbor House Law Press will make available a limited number of “deluxe editions” of WRIGHTSLAW: SPECIAL EDUCATION LAW, with Companion CD-ROM for $39.95. The original or standard edition of WRIGHTSLAW: SPECIAL EDUCATION LAW will continue to be available for $29.95.
The new Companion CD-ROM contains several hundred pages of legal reference information.
* CONTENTS OF WRIGHTSLAW COMPANION CD-ROM *
1. WRIGHTSLAW: SPECIAL EDUCATION LAW - ALL (entire book as one PDF File)
2. WRIGHTSLAW: SPECIAL EDUCATION LAW, BY CHAPTER (each chapter is a separate PDF File)
(NOTE: Making WRIGHTSLAW: SPECIAL EDUCATION LAW available as one file AND by chapter will make it easier for you to do research and find specific information in the book. )
3. FEDERAL REGISTER, March 12, 1999 (Vol. 64, No. 48) that includes the IDEA Regulations, along with extensive explanations, commentary and attachments.
4. THE IDEA COMPLIANCE REPORT, "Back to School on Civil Rights, released by the National Council on Disability on January 25, 2000.
NOTE: We included the IDEA Compliance Report in the WRIGHTSLAW COMPANION CD-ROM because we believe this comprehensive report should be available to all parents, advocates and attorneys who represent the interests of children with disabilities.
5. ADOBE ACROBAT READER 4.05
SPECIFICATIONS: This CD-ROM is a “hybrid” so it can be read by Windows and Macintosh platforms.
But what about people who already have WRIGHTSLAW: SPECIAL EDUCATION LAW? We didn’t want you to have to relinquish your dog-eared copies of the book!
* TO UPGRADE *
We devised a CD ROM OFFER as a way to help prior purchasers “upgrade” to the deluxe edition, before the new edition is available to the public.
Except for this pre-publication offer to prior purchasers, the WRIGHTSLAW COMPANION CD-ROM will only be available as a supplement to WRIGHTSLAW: SPECIAL EDUCATION LAW.
* THE OFFER *
1. Current owners of WRIGHTSLAW: SPECIAL EDUCATION LAW can purchase the new WRIGHTSLAW COMPANION CD-ROM from the Wrightslaw store for $14.95 ( + 3.95 for shipping and handling).
2. The pre-publication offer for the WRIGHTSLAW COMPANION CD-ROM runs from Wednesday, MAY 3 through Friday, MAY 12, 2000.
when we receive orders for 500 CD-ROMs, whichever comes first.
* CONDITIONS *
1. You must own WRIGHTSLAW: SPECIAL EDUCATION LAW.
2. You must provide proof of ownership.
3. Orders for the WRIGHTSLAW COMPANION CD-ROM must be placed through the Wrightslaw Internet Store.
NOTE: Your credit card will NOT be billed until your CD-ROM is shipped. Given the limited time and nature of this special promotion, we cannot accept orders for the WRIGHTSLAW COMPANION CD-ROM by phone, fax, or mail.
* LIMITATIONS *
1. This Offer is good through Friday, MAY 12, 2000 OR until we receive orders for 500 CD-ROMs, whichever comes first.
2. This Offer is limited to current owners of WRIGHTSLAW: SPECIAL EDUCATION LAW.
3. This Offer is limited to one per household.
* PROOF OF OWNERSHIP *
1. PURCHASE FROM WRIGHTSLAW OR HARBOR HOUSE
If you purchased WRIGHTSLAW: SPECIAL EDUCATION LAW directly from Wrightslaw or Harbor House Law Press (through our online store, or by fax, phone, or check), please note whether your purchase was by fax, phone, mail, or the online store, and the approximate date of purchase
in the “Ordering Instructions” field of the online Order Form so we can confirm your purchase.
2. PURCHASE FROM A RETAIL STORE
If you purchased WRIGHTSLAW: SPECIAL EDUCATION LAW from a retail bookstore (i.e., pursuant to our recent “Buy one, get one free” promotion) and sent us the required information, please explain this and include the approximate date of purchase in the “Ordering Instructions”
field of the online Order Form so we can confirm your purchase.
3. RECEIVED BOOK FROM ANOTHER SOURCE
If you received WRIGHTSLAW: SPECIAL EDUCATION LAW from another source (i.e. an online bookseller like Amazon.com or b&n.com, or as a gift), please provide details about how, when and where you received the book in the “Ordering Instructions” field of the online Order Form.
NOTE: If you cannot provide proof of ownership we reserve the right to reject your CD-ROM request without further communication.
If you do not own WRIGHTSLAW: SPECIAL EDUCATION LAW (and are not eligible for this special promotion), please don’t fret!
Within the next couple of weeks, we’ll send out an Alert advising subscribers when the deluxe edition of WRIGHTSLAW: SPECIAL EDUCATION LAW, with Companion CD-ROM, is available.
DETAILS ABOUT ORDERING
To upgrade and purchase the WRIGHTSLAW COMPANION CD-ROM for $14.95 now, follow this link to our online store
When you scroll down the page, you’ll find the Offer identified as “Special Promotion 000503” with no further descriptors.
After May 12, 2000, or after sale of 500 CDs, whichever comes first, “Special Promotion 000503” will be removed from the online store.
To get a printer-friendly version of this Offer, go to
The Special Ed Advocate is a free online newsletter about special education legal issues, cases, tactics and strategy, effective educational methods, and Internet links.
As a subscriber to The Special Ed Advocate, you will receive announcements and "alerts" about new cases and other events. Back issues of The Special Ed Advocate are in the Newsletter Archives at our web site -
To subscribe to The Special Ed Advocate, go to
To unsubscribe to The Special Ed Advocate, send an email to
In the beginning of your message, insert the following words exactly, with hyphens, lowercase
Pete and Pam Wright
c/o The Special Ed Advocate
P. O. Box 1008
Deltaville, VA 23043
The resources at this website are copyrighted by the authors. They may be used for non-commercial purposes only. They may not be redistributed for commercial purposes without the express written consent of Peter W. D. Wright.
It is not necessary to obtain our consent to link to our website or copy, print and distribute our articles and newsletters for nonprofit purposes so long as the material is reproduced in its
entirety and credit is given to Pete and Pam Wright and "wrightslaw" including the URL -
Copyright 2000, Peter W. D. Wright and Pamela Darr Wright. All rights reserved.